Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A "no fun" night...


And I felt like a silly goose.......

Leaving for a meeting in the dark - 7 p.m. - taking your humongous 4X4, driving the speed limit down 22nd Street and in the darkness you notice cars driven up on snow piles by the side of the road, some cars stuck, some parked and unable to turn around....and you find yourself in the middle of over 2 feet of water. You try and slow down somewhat but S-P-L-A-S-H.....and you don't dare slow down any more as traction is becoming extremely difficult so you plow your way through a water main break situation.


Oh, did I mention.....the temperature is nearing minus 30C.......


I manage to get through but other vehicles are not so fortunate.


Get to meeting....but wondering all the while if the truck will freeze up before I get home!!??


Grab honkin' big minute book bag, and since I don't drive this truck all too often, I have to be thinking about where this and that is on the dash board and all that stuff.....and begin to eventually descend.


Not thinking about the outside of the vehicle too much, I take a looooong step down from this brawny half ton and place my foot on the running board and........


Foot slips off running board and down goes me with back landing on running board and hind end in a pile of ice.


I guess the running board was icy!!!


Have over two hour meeting in hard chair.


Come home.


After explaining to husband my ordeals he enthusiastically states:


"You mean you didn't think that the running board would have ice on it!!!???"


He's in my baaaaaaad books.....and I've got a soooooooore back.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Poor Sharon!

Anonymous said...

Oh mom, I hope your ok - your going to have a nasty bruise!

Sharon Kent said...

Well, a bruise this time of the year just adds much-needed color to ones flesh.:-)

Bring it on winter!!