Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Inside....outside....and a fight with the elements...







(You can click on the pictures....any time you like.)

Walls make all the difference. I think you will agree.
I work in an office where, if you don't look outside, you could visualize yourself being in the tropics. Plants are blooming or waiting to bloom, and you can almost smell the musty aroma of rain, as it drenches the parched ground.
Setting your eyes to the outside of the building however, you are thrust into a totally different mentality - one of harshness and crispness and cutting cold. Minus 35 to be exact.
The air hovers in crystals and smothers trees and steel girders alike. No mercy. Life outside the walls is caught in frost's encompassing death grip, with no hope of letting go. But it's beauty is enticing me to follow.......and I do. Mitts off, I begin my bare-fingered fight with the elements.
Click....a sunset is captured. I won.....this time.

No comments: