Thursday, January 15, 2009

Structures....









We have some pretty significant structures in our fair city. Bridges. Churches. Historical buildings. New buildings. City Hall....as seen through the early morning reflections of the Forest Centre Building.
It's really fun being able to capture some of these on camera. I think I would love to visit other places so I could do more with my handy dandy Olympus. I think I got the bug of taking pictures many, many years ago when we were standing at the foot of the Seattle Space Needle. I remember lying down on my back and pointing the camera straight up and caught the outer round edges at the top and the enormous steel girders holding it all in place. I'll have to try and find that one. After that, I found great pleasure in finding the soul of a building in its architecture. What manner of person would come up with a specific design and why? How would that design meet the needs of the people who would enter it and use it and care for it. How would that structure give meaning and purpose to those who used it - just by how it was built?
Interesting to think on.....
It's a good thing husband is good at navigating and doesn't mind me telling him where to go, so to speak. I think he has quite a bit of patience with me actually, when I ask him to stop here and go there, just so I can get my camera clicking.
Perhaps one day we will see more than the soul of Prince Albert...perhaps somewhere like London U.K., New York, SanFrancisco, Moscow, Budapest..........Saskatoon, Regina, Wakaw, Northside.......I must be realistic too! Besides, any place where there are people , there are buildings with "souls".
Maybe I'll begin to pray that one day I'll be able to do some serious photography.....I think I'd like it.

2 comments:

Linea said...

You catch some very nice shots. Keep it up for sure. And remember we need some of your photos on the walls at church.

Anonymous said...

Hi theгe friеnds, pleasant рaragraph and nice
argumentѕ сommented at thіs place, I аm in fact еnjoying by these.


My ωeb pаge :: buy tens units