Friday, March 27, 2009

The weekend...


"So, what are you doing this weekend?", they asked me.
"Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? You're going to sit and read the paper?", they exclaim.
"I mean, what are you really going to do?", they ask me for the second time.
"You mean that's it!!! Read the paper?", they exclaim once more in exasperation.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm
I like that idea.....just sitting and relaxing and reading.
Most people I ask, say they're going to catch up on all the stuff they didn't have time to do during the week so that their weekend becomes busier than their weekday when they work at a job.
I don't know about you, but I neeeeed a weekend just to sit and relax, and to think about this and that and to talk to God about a few things that may be of interest to him....well, they are to me, so they will be to Him too.
Yep, call me a lazy whelp. Or you can call me ambition-less...or lazy...or old.....or any number of things that mean 'I don't feel up to using any more energy than I can handle'.
When you get to be goin' on 62, there are some things in this life that just aren't worth doin' and one of those is gettin' so busy and tired that I can't function properly any more. Those days are out the door. I'll just get me a book, or sit by the telly or just plain sit... and that will be my weekend. No scrubbin' and cleanin'. No shinin' and polishin'. No runin' here and shopin' there. No comin' in to work to finish up what was left from Friday. Nope. I'm beyond it now. I'm in the clear sailin' mode.....waitin' for hot weather, a boat and a fishin' rod. Now I can really have fun with that! (and see, I'm so lazy I didn't feel like putin' "g's" on any of my "ing" words.)
So, when I say "enjoy your weekend", that's exactly what I mean. DON'T WORK!!! Live a little!
And leave all those "g's" behind! It'll get you singin'!!!

1 comment:

jean said...

Amen to, Sharon.