Monday, June 15, 2009

hot...hot...hot....

Great booming thunder, Batman!!!



And I'm not going to complain for one second....even though it's hotter than bushel of chili peppers in our bed............................room.....heh...heh...heh


I was so spoiled living most of my life in an air conditioned home. Now it's aux naturelle sans air conditioner.


It's one of those "experiences" I'm finding, where husband and wife tackle the "how to's" of keeping the house cool. We have come together as a team to achieve our goal and now keep all windows closed during the day with one fan going in the bedroom and the ceiling fan going in the kitchen. At night the windows are opened......and ready for any and all burglars, but at least they'll find a cooler house than if they'd come in the heat of the day. I suppose I could leave them some iced tea as a refreshment........should they decide to come, that is. I always say that if anyone did decide to break in, we'd never hear anything anyway with husband's breathing machine purring away all night. Not only that, I never get a chance to hear the pitter-patter of rain falling on the roof nor booming thunder nor the blaring of sirens and squealing and screeching of tires. There are pros and cons to everything.


So, we'll see what tonight brings. Perhaps an ice pack on the head will do the trick. It's pretty rough when one's internal air conditioner has also bit the dust.....but I digress........


Keep cool and enjoy this heat.

2 comments:

Thomas F said...

hey Sharon, I was trying to find an email address of yours but was unsuccessful, I'm going to be in Prince Albert for a week and I have a question for you. you could send a blurb or something to me at thomasfriesen@Gmail.com.

-Thomas

Thomas F said...

hey Sharon, I was trying to find an email address of yours but was unsuccessful, I'm going to be in Prince Albert for a week and I have a question for you. you could send a blurb or something to me at thomasfriesen@Gmail.com.

-Thomas