Sunday, June 14, 2009

June shades.......





Well, that top picture has nothing to do with the shades of the month of June but it is a very funny shot. I happened upon a whole crowd/gathering/herd of loons and when they saw me come over the rise of the shore they all started flying up and away. The only shot I captured was the water splashes each of the birds left behind. I'm thinking each "puddle" represents one bird flying UP, because there is no way one bird can go fast enough to leave that many "puddles"of water in action.....if you get what I mean. If you don't, well, I can see that it's a very funny picture....which could have been a really great picture had I been able to focus on the birds AND the water they each left behind.
But ya, those shades of pale green with the new flush of leaves is so picturesque, especially intermingled with the dark greens of the coniferous trees. It is good to live in the boreal forest even though these colors last for such a short time.
I like the things God does to please me......and seeing varying shades of green is one of those things.

No comments: