Thursday, April 29, 2010

I'm getting anxious...


to get back up to Waskesiu.  I want to see how much ice is still on the lake or if it has even begun the thaw.  With the above normal temperatures, I think it may be similar to the pic above.  This one was taken the long weekend in May last year...the year my man and I went for a picnic on the shore.  It was cold.

We saw some birch bark amongst the leaves and some pretty fungal growths.  The geese were back and nesting too.
                                                                                                                                                                                   

It won't be long now before everything changes and the warmth of summer revives this old body for another year.
Perhaps this year we will get more luxurious days like this one and I will be quite satisfied.

No comments: