Saturday, May 1, 2010

She must have read my previous post....

Husband and I woke up to "Mom and Dad, do you want go to Waskesiu for breakfast?"  And away we went.  Elk Ridge Lodge it was...sore back and all.  Lovely hotel and the food was not too bad either.

Next we saw a bear poking around in the park looking for anything green...and preferably lots of it!!!
He was a bit shy but managed to peek out for a moment while checking out my camera...with me behind it in the car, of course.  Not sure I particularly wanted to be a bacon breakfast for any bear!

Shannon walked with me down by the lake....very cold wind with all that ice still moving about.  But the ice breakup was very much ahead of this time last year.  Wind and warm temps would contribute considerably to that, I'm sure.  So much will change in the next six weeks!!

Ice, ice and more ice.....there were many and various ice crystal formations.  I could have sat there all afternoon and just looked at them...
After a walk on the beach, a pit stop at the Hawood Inn and a drive around the town and trailer park, we were away...via the old highway and a leisurely trip back home.  It was a beautiful way to spend an afternoon with two people I love.

Oh, I nearly forgot to mention....husband and I went to the show last evening....yes, I said theatre!!!  And we had popcorn, candy and a drink!!!  We then went to Shenanigans Coffee Shop afterwards for tea and a latte.  I could get spoiled even more if things continue on at this rate.

God is good to me....

No comments: