Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I could get to like this "home stuff"....

Husband says he could get to like this "me being home" stuff too! 

We decided that even though I'm on vacation, we needed a disciplined day, beginning at 7:30 a.m.  We need to get up early enough to get the man dressed (and me too), get him showered (and me too), put on his extremely tight (and not so sexy) long white heavy-duty elastic stockings each morning.  They are an arthritic nightmare, to be sure.  And this man of mine has size 12 triple E feet.  Not sure what to compare it to....other than....hmmmmm, how about..... trying to get a size 2 corset on a boa constrictor that has just eaten a wart hog.  And the problem arises when my fingers get stuck in the stocking right where one of the 42 staples is stuck into his leg.  He's ouching and I'm ouching, (for different reasons, of course) and the whole process is quite nightmarish and amusing at the same time.  I'm huffing and puffing and sweating and using every ounce of energy I have just to get those important stockings over his marvelous, manly legs.  He must wear them to prevent any blood clots from forming so I have to do this!!!  Actually, I didn't realize fingers have muscles, until now, that is....nursing is tough...my heart goes out to all my friends who do/have done this for a living...Alecia, Evelyn, Virginia, Birdie....and my friend Linea who uses her hands pulling and fixing teeth all day long!!!

Once that is accomplished, our morning can begin.

Today, after coffee, and a drive by our church for a look at the outside painting happening there, I came home and whipped up some extremely healthy muffins - "Fruity Oatmeal".  The recipe is from my friends web page here under the diabetic section: http://www.lauraleacooks.com/  Thanks, Lauralea!!!  I just added my own spin on the recipe adding a bit of bran and wheat germ, unsweetened coconut and walnuts....and maybe some other stuff too, but they turned out really well.  A good healthy snack for my man and I.

Oh, and the most important happening of the day thus far was Brittney opening up her marks to a 95% average (that's with lots of math, sciences and French!!!)  Tres bien, my Sweetie Weetie!!!!! Grade 11, here she comes!

I think that's enough good "home stuff" for one day. 

Here are some flowers blooming in our church front garden.  God continues to amaze me with his beauty!

I know, I posted these before but thought they were worth a repeat!

No comments: