Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Practice....

The Worship Team just had practice.  It was good.  Since I am responsible this week to get this organized, we found that this night would be the best night for practice.  The pianist and organist and jambe player all were there practicing with me as I sang through each song for Sunday.

I mention this because, like in any job, it is the teamwork that makes a job function and function well.  If there is lack of leadership and/or teamwork, it will go off on some kind of fuzzy tangent where no one knows where they are or what they were called to do.  It's like that at my job at work and it is the same with leading a worship service on a Sunday morning.  There are differences, of course, but we all need a sense of direction in whatever we undertake.

Teamwork also encourages us in various ways.  Our weaknesses are overshadowed by someone else's strengths and visa versa.  In a good team, we are allowed to follow through on those strengths and when we have weaknesses, others have enough patience with us to encourage us to do better.  THAT'S teamwork!

So, in our practice, we all used our gifts that were given to us and it worked out well.  And my teammates had a great deal of patience with me as I sang!!!  I shall have some help with that part on Sunday.

Enjoy your night...and sleep well my dears....we have much to be thankful for.

No comments: