Thursday, March 17, 2011

Feeling right at home...

It's good to know that I'm not the only person in the world who is waiting for something.

There are friends waiting to hear about their illnesses.

There are politicians waiting to see what kind of strategy they will use next to convince the masses to vote for them.

There are people in Japan waiting to see if a nuclear disaster will overcome them....besides waiting for food, water, housing, messages from loves ones.....and another earthquake.

The world awaits the outcome of the UN announcement for a "no fly zone" over Libya. 

The people of Libya are waiting to see what will become of their country and them as individuals.

See what I mean.  All sorts of people waiting.  I really do feel very much at home.

And waiting can be a time where we can become introspective, where we can take stock of our surroundings and attempt to become somewhat objective regarding our circumstances.  We can't all go yelling and screaming into the streets with guns blazing!  There needs to be a certain amount of rationality to our comings and goings.

So even if we think that our problems are the worst that could possibly be....there is always someone worse off than ourselves!  Let's think on that this night.

By the way, I DON'T NEED SURGERY!!!!!  Yay, whooooppppeeeeee, alright (as I jump up on one leg and give a huge chest punch against a wall....or person....whatever is closest!)

I know by the feel of my knee that there will be a great deal of physio yet to take place before I will feel comfortable walking unassisted, unfortunately.  But no surgery!  I feel giddy....light headed...euphoric....  I also feel the pain of what the physiotherapist did to my poor knee today!  Oh my goodness.....and on St. Paddy's Day too!  So I shall wait.....

I didn't even wear green....but Travis, my therapist, broke out in a perfect Irish brogue much to my delight and a flood of remembrance overtook me of my dearly departed Irish grandmother.  In the midst of the pain he inflicted, it was overtaken by fond memories of laughter, fun and warmth of a beautiful grandma.

May the Luck o' the Irish be with ye' always!  Blessings on your night!

No comments: