Saturday, March 5, 2011

The house is shrinking...the house is shrinking....

Our new bed is HUGE.  I need to take a leap to get up onto it and that is not such a good idea with a banged up knee.  I may need a foot stool.  Or I could wait until husband gets on the other side and he could pull me up, or he could get behind me and give me a heave-ho...still not great for that knee.  I was pretty good at jumping the bar in track so that maneuver is a possibility...kind of coming at it running and leaping up and over, landing on my back.  That doesn't sound like fun either, does it...???? Hmmmmmmm....

I like the foot stool idea.

Then there's the new couch.  It is a beauty.  It takes up considerable more room though, so now our living room doesn't seem so empty.  And with that 58" TV looming in the middle of everything, still waiting to come onto the scene from it's crate, well, it will seem like a first class theatre in that place.  And did I mention that couch has two end recliners?  Ya.  One for me...one for the man.  It's very cool.

So, between the living room and the bedroom, our walking space is quite a bit less.  But who wants to do a lot of walking around their apartment anyway?  Not me.  I can do that somewhere else....when I'm able, that is.

I'm off to bed now to sleep on that new king sized mattress.  Hope I manage to climb up safely...and not fall off in the night!  Now THAT would be something.  Husband is sleeping already.

I'll let you know how we made out.....in a manner of speaking, that is.:)

No comments: