Monday, May 2, 2011

from Bin Laden to Burgers....

We had it all today.  Every network going had news of Osama bin Laden's death and dropping of this human being into the depths of the sea.  Newsworthy, I suppose.  Most folks in the US were pretty happy/relieved that he had met his Waterloo.  At first, seeing all the cheering and such, it kind of made me sick but then I wondered what I would have done had one of my family been murdered or maimed by the operations of this man.  Yes, I wondered if I would have been cheering too......

We voted......then there was news of a majority Conservative government and a solid opposition party.....NDP opposition.  My father would be rolling over in his grave at THAT news!!!:(

Then news that I have to meet with five professionals with Workers Compensation regarding my knee.  This Friday beginning at 8 AM....an hour with each person.  My physiotherapist today said if my knee doesn't soon get to a healthy place, I may have to revisit the surgeon in Saskatoon and he will have to look again at the MRI to which I replied, "He didn't look at it the first time....he only read the report that was sent to him!"  Hmmmm....
Tomorrow I shall fill in more paperwork with my supervisor and who knows...maybe I'll be back at work soon.

We topped the day off with a home-made burger BBQ.  We decided that the last batch of burgers we made were most excellent and will attempt to do the same with the next batch.  Chicken burgers will also be made.  The last ones were super!

Now, I shall go and look at the election results.  And it was such a lovely day, don't you think?





And look, the leaves are coming out!!  Yay.......

No comments: