Sunday, June 19, 2011

Nice storm....

It was a terrific day for storm clouds....and rain, of course.

Pretty impressive!








Thinking it might hail, I tucked my little baskets in under the BBQ and chairs...just in case!

I enjoy sleeping to the sound of rain.  It's quite soothing.

And today was special of course, being Father's Day and all.  Shannon and Brittney took father and I out for a lovely brunch.  Matt and Thais called and Skyped from Wisconsin and father was thanked for the great son he (and I) brought up.

Then I took to my great artistic skills and gave a "home-made" card to Ken in honor of the day, reminding him of his unique parental....and many other skills....too numerous to mention on this page.;)

I've been remembering my dad today, too.  Philip Benson.  He also, was terrific in every possible way.  I guess a fitting tribute would be to simply take the time to think about him...as a father, a husband and a great man in general, who contributed to humanity by showing kindness, gentleness, humility and patience.  Not only that, he laughed a lot....a great gift!!!

Have a great evening.

No comments: