Sunday, December 4, 2011

A missing Sunday...

When I don't get to church to worship and see my friends who are there on a Sunday morning, I feel like I have missed out on an important facet of my life.  Sunday is a day of reflection, of connection, of seeking, of renewing my strength and a time of worshiping God.  Not only that, it was my friend Grace's birthday today!  Dang.  So, that's two important birthdays I missed this weekend.

I just slept off and on all day long for the past two days.  Yikes...I really must be tired.  I could feel myself kind of withdrawing from things, even though I knew I had certain responsibilities, but I just couldn't help myself.  It just happened and I suppose this being sick is the culmination of a very busy past few weeks....I just simply shut down.  Bodies are funny that way....they know things.....;)

Spent some time in prayer for my friends who are sick with cancer, having operations, grieving, disappointed with life, making important decisions....the run-of-the-mill kinds of human events.

I'm off to bed.  Don't think I'll make it to work tomorrow either.  I think I need another day to get these antibiotic pills under control and my breathing back to normal. 

Sleep well, friends.  Another week is upon us and we begin the second week in Advent.

No comments: