Saturday, May 26, 2012

Too much for one week....

Seems like there is simply too much happening this coming week and the next several, for that matter.

There are times when there is just so much going on that I'd love to find a hole and crawl in.

But I don't imagine I'll be finding a hole to hole up in, at least my size, any time soon.

I shall instead, face each day with determination and courage.

I've been thinking of friends, who today are suffering in their grief and the funeral that will be happening on Monday in that regard.  Pain.  Death.  Bleak realities of this thing we call 'life'!

So, besides a funeral, there will be another co-worker's retirement, a music practice,a Relay for Life walk, a wedding, a dance recital, a reception, a leading of worship....not to mention a dental appointment and minor surgery.....and that's just next week.  Oh, and then there's my job thrown in there too!

I shall begin breathing deeply, thinking purposefully (so I don't forget stuff), getting enough sleep and trying to be helpful to others in the midst of busyness (something I tend to fail at).

Then, of course, there is the "being a mom and grandma" and all that it represents...more failures and more disappointments (on my part).  Some days you just want to ask that all important question...."What the heck am I here for anyway????"  and when I ask that question, I tend to focus on all my inadequacies and "screw-ups" than anything else.  But that, of course, leads to a downward spiral where I'm not good to anyone....so I shall attempt not to focus on that.

"God, I just need to refocus, not to think negatively, and to be of some help....to someone.  That's all I ask.....today........thanks."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are a help to me

Sharon Kent said...

It's good to know I'm a help to at least one person...thanks!

Matthew said...

You definitely are a help to a lot of people.

"What the heck am I here for anyway???"

Good question. Why DO you think you're here?