Wednesday, May 30, 2012

So far, so good.....

Hey, I've actually made it to the end of Wednesday without a serious melt down, heart failure, seizure or the like.

Maybe I'm not quite as busy as I figured I'd be.  It's all funny to look back at my last post and see how anxious I was about this week....fretting about not having enough time to do anything, about how much stuff I needed to pack into these seven days.  I know.  I know.  The week is only half over.  But now that I'm facing each day purposefully and making sure I've read my calendar for the day each morning, it's not really all that scary.  One thing at a time.

Good thing I don't have a very stressful job at work, otherwise, I probably WOULD become a well woven basket(case).

This week has been difficult and different from what I had envisioned on so many levels.  After attending a funeral on Monday, I think I'm again beginning to see life differently.  Perspectives abruptly change when something unforeseen is thrown into the mix.  We put on different lenses.  We become a bit more thankful....for life and health and family.  We see our moments as gifts that have been offered to us with love.  Accepting these gifts of time can be just as difficult as living them out....especially when we observe others who haven't been given the opportunity of breathing another breath.

OK I won't go all philosophical on ya!!!  But you see where I'm going with this. 

I forget to be thankful.

So, I shall attempt to do just that.  Be appreciative of everything that I have and all that I am.  A small thing.  Let's try this together, shall we?

Then there's the grim yet exciting reality of having only 16 days before retiring from my job. 

Whooooohaaaaaa....and only 20 days before we head to Waskesiu and 28 days until Brittney's grad.  And on and on it goes....my days....all numbered in a sense.....all a gift.

Sleep well, my friends.  I'll be dreaming of sun and boating and water....ahhhhhhhhhh

No comments: