Sunday, November 25, 2012

Don't worry...I'm OK....

I figured I'd better say that before I started on my "two consecutive blog days"!  Crazy, eh?

Well, I survived leading the worship service this morning with only half a voice.  That was something to be very thankful for. 

Went to walk-in clinic to get bandages changed.  Boy, do those moles ever bleed lots when they're shaved off!  I have approximately  sixty-two kazillion more to go but will save them for another day:)  One on my face got the freeze dried trick and should fall off within the next two weeks.  Yay!  The lovely skin inheritance from my mother!

I even had a sleep this afternoon.  Good to get rested up for another week of retirement fun!

This evening was a Skype with Matthew which, of course, is always interesting, stimulating  and wonderful.  He'll be home on December 16th!  Brittney on the 18th!  Life is good.

Tomorrow husband and I will enjoy a coffee together in the morning at A&W.  It's become the norm.  We see folks we know, some we're getting to know and some we haven't met yet...perhaps tomorrow!  It's a friendly, noisy place there most mornings.  We get to know the staff too, which is a great way to be a spark in the world!  (I wonder how Tejal is doing over in India???  She is one of the A&W servers who has gone back home for six weeks to visit her siblings and parents...she'll be back just after Christmas and we will get caught up on her news from back home when she returns!)

Folks have been generous in supporting Matthew in his 40 hour Meditation Marathon also.  He is very grateful not only for the monetary support but for those supporting him in the ways he is connecting to God.  Not a new way but perhaps new to many people these days.

The coming week looks somewhat calm.  That is good. The important things must be remembered...Ken's pre-surgery assessment tomorrow morning for his cataract surgery in December.  Then on Wednesday the heart fit assessment for an exercise regimen that both of us will attend.

We just read in the P.A. Herald that a dear, old family friend, Iris Meissner, passed away recently.  She was a beautiful person, in every possible way, having gone through many major life issues and still was able to offer love and grace to everyone.  She will be missed greatly.  Peace to her memory...and her family.

Some pictures of peace, as I think of Iris....




Sleep well...all of you....let's be grateful for...life.....

No comments: