Saturday, November 24, 2012

This past week...

I need to get things going for Christmas...decorating the place up a bit.  Don't think I'll do much more baking though.  We certainly don't need it and our kids don't want it.  Giving it away is always fun, though!

Tomorrow is my turn to lead the church worship service....plus lead the singing.....now that should be quite interesting.  I'm still coughing and still bombarded with tons of mucus which makes it difficult to speak...let alone sing!  Perhaps you would like to join me???

The past week was busy with stuff...meetings, doctor appointments, organizing, retirement supper and various other time consuming events. 

Daughter had us over for supper tonight...not just a normal meat and potato supper either.  It never is.  She tries anything and it always turns out fantastic.  Whenever I go there, I feel like I've stepped into an expensive fine-dining establishment...not so much in the furniture...but the food!  She had baked turkey chili which included yams, spinach, cheese, tortilla chips, black and kidney beans and a bunch of other stuff.  Oh my....with fresh baked cheese and bacon-filled homemade buns.  Totally wonderful!!!  Dessert was something else!  Individual banana cream brule tarts with fresh whipped cream and rum drizzle with a crust of ginger snaps/toasted coconut/crushed pecans.  I tell you, that girl can cook!!!!  Strange how both Matt and Shannon are such great cooks and I dislike cooking totally.  Guess they took after Ken in that department!

Then a few hours ago, I received an email from Matt asking if I would let people know about his Meditation Marathon on December 8 and 9....for 40 HOURS!!!!  It's a fundraiser for the non-profit institution he's working at near Boston.  So, if you know Matt, and would like to contribute to his cause, I could help you make that happen...or you could go to his fundraising page here:
http://enlightennext.akaraisin.com/meditationmarathon/matthewkent

Looks like he, along with many others, are out to change the world for the better!



And that is an actual picture of where he was during Hurricane Sandy...well, he was in a building, but still, some serious tree damage where he was during the storm.  He's very serious about everything he's doing!

Enjoy your evening and keep warm.  I think winter is upon us and so I need to get some decorating done soon!


No comments: