Saturday, November 17, 2012

That was mind boggling...

Good thing I read a bit about that movie before I went to see it!

"Cloud Atlas"...

Incredible.

Daughter and I figured we were in for a little nap as we sat waiting for the 3 hour movie to begin.  We went an hour early...so that was 4 hours in the theatre.  The first 45 minutes it was just we two.  Then 8 more people showed up in the Cineplex large theatre.  So the ten of us awaited the movie with the usual popcorn of varying sizes and drinks.

Most of our popcorn was eaten before the movie began.

Good thing, too!  Once that movie started rolling there was no time to even pick your nose let alone eat and drink!

Six stories.  Six really interesting stories...all linked in one way or another.  It kept you listening very carefully and watching for details as to what each particular story was about and later on...how each story was linked to the one before it.  It was about reincarnation.  It was about decisions we make that affect the course of individuals down through history in good or evil ways.  It was about love and fear and innocence and courage.

Many, many times throughout the movie I wanted to shout to the fellow in the booth who was managing the on-screen viewing..."HOLD IT UP THERE...STOP THE MOVIE.....COULD YOU PLEASE BACK THAT UP A BIT SO I CAN GET WHAT THEY'RE SAYING!!!"  After all, there were only ten of us in the theatre and a few minutes of replay really wouldn't hurt anything...it was only playing once that night.  Anyway, most likely people were thinking what I was thinking too.

Anyway, I liked how they did transformational makeup on many of the characters as they played various parts throughout many of the stories.  Yep, pretty incredible alright.

You'll have to go and see it for yourself in order to get your very own spin on the story.

As for me, I've been thinking about it all for the past two days...slowly threading various parts of the stories together as I have time to think about them.

I have a friend, a former co-worker, who believes strongly in reincarnation.  We have discussed it at some length over the past few years.  Some things about it make sense...I'm just not convinced of it.  Not that it makes any difference but I began to realize that others feel just as strongly about their thoughts as I do about mine...and that perhaps there could be some middle ground to be found.  I think there could be.....

No comments: