Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Valentine's Day update...

I woke up this morning....next to my man.  That, in itself, is a lovely gift.

Had a phone conversation with a friend....by accident. I had wanted to reply to her text but instead ended up pressing her phone number....you know, on this stupid, new cell phone that I'm failing miserably at in learning about. So when I saw my cell was making a call to her...I quickly ended the call.  Five seconds later she phoned me back on my cell.  I had never yet answered a phone call on my new phone!  After fumbling and talking loudly into the screen, forgetting to put it up to my ear to hear who was calling, I managed to get the dang thing where it should be...screen in my ear and the end of it by my mouth.  Just typing that makes it sound totally ridiculous. Anyway, the conversation ensued without too many more problems. Technology is not going to get the better of me!

As the day progressed, Brittney came over for lunch where she, Ken and I exchanged Valentines.... then it was grocery shopping...being Thursday and all:)  I won't go into details on that project...

In between, we took some Tim Hortons heart donuts to Brittney at her work and dropped off a few dozen at Shannon's dental office work place.

After the groceries were purchased, we had a cup of tea at McDonalds.

Came home and put groceries away.

Had a headache all day so took some Tylenol.

Ordered pizza.

Ate pizza...and Brittney came over for a few slices after work.

Now we wait to Skype with Matt.

And while we wait, we are entertained by the international dog show on the telly.

See.  Valentine's Day is not always the romantic, exciting day that all the ads make it out to be.

It can also be a regular day of simply living life...with those you love.

No comments: