Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A beauty all its own...

Yes, winter has a beauty all its own, like so many other things in creation.  It has an original look.  Black.  White.  I'm quite partial to black and white actually, not only in my fashion tastes but in the world of photography.  There is something beautiful about varying shades of black and white that triggers my index finger to snap the good old Olympus SP-51OUZ.

But color is a gift to the senses!  I was watching OASIS HD channel this afternoon and it had a program on French Polynesia and the program there to revive and maintain the sea turtle population.  Most of the show, of course, was under water.  The color was a feast for the eyes. It made me want to take pictures...lots and lots of pictures! 

But instead, I watched the telly and the shows it offered hour by hour....the Sahara desert.....the Australian outback....the Woolong Giant Panda Preserve in China (well, being it was pandas, that particular show was almost all in black and white:)

The azure blue of seas and the bright vivid yellows of the enormous schools of fish...not to mention the lushness of jungles resplendent with orchids of varying colors!!! 

I could get to like this life of watching OASIS each day, learning about various things in nature.

Yes, black & white OR color....each has a beauty all its own....

I'll have to check tonight to see whether I dream in color....not sure....

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Cool picture! All it needs is a panda...

Sharon Kent said...

A penguin would work too...as would a zebra....although a zebra would be somewhat chilly....:)